Our goal is to provide a child-focused child care program in a professional and caring environment.
We believe a child's first learning experiences occur step by step, block upon block, creating the foundation in their early years for all future learning. We also believe a patient, caring, and educated staff should provide the guidance and assistance that young children need in order to thrive and learn.
Our program is based on these building blocks and concepts:
- Basic / Fundamental quality childcare: Our caregivers are professionally trained to provide a safe environment and age-appropriate educational activities.
- Love: Our staff is committed to creating a loving and caring environment where children know they are valued.
- Opportunities: Our staff will provide the children with endless opportunities to create, play, problem solve, explore, and develop critical thinking skills to assist in the learning process.
- Creativity: The children will be encouraged, with staff assistance, to be creative in play, learning activities and social experiences.
- Kindness: Each staff person and child is treated with dignity and respect through kind and caring behavior.
- Stimulating: Our staff is committed to provide stimulating and challenging learning activities and experiences that are creative and fun.
What are they saying
We love the all the teachers at Blocks. My son has been there since August 2018-he is 19 months- and he has learned so much. Since he is my first and I work full time, I was so nervous about what to do about child care--but he loves it there.
Oak Park, IL
I am writing as a parent of a 2 year old child who has attended Blocks 24 since he was 15 weeks old. My husband and I are generally very happy with the care he receives at this facility. They have been very good about giving him the chance to engage in physical play everyday, but also do group learning activities and free time daily. He has been counting to 30 for several months, and has known all of his colors and shapes for about 6 months. He has also started speaking a little Spanish with one of his caregivers.
Oak Park, IL
Our son attended Blocks for 3 years and we had a wonderful experience. The teachers were fantastic and we enjoyed the time we spent volunteering in the classroom. We have made great friends from our time at Blocks and our son loved it. We had terrible experiences at other placed in OP and Blocks was a great choice for our family.
Blocks is a wonderful place! We sent our son there from 4 months old to 21 months. We would have kept him in longer, but we moved and needed to find a new daycare. While he was "aging" out a bit (i believe they only go up to 2 - 2.5 yrs old), it was very sad to leave! Our son loved it there - the staff is friendly and wonderful with infants and toddlers. It's not overly fancy but clean and efficiently run. I highly recommend Blocks!
We did a site visit at Blocks and all my worries went away. They are wonderful! The staff is always smiling at my daughter and she smiles every morning when we drop her off. It is clean, organized and the staff there is educated (which is important to me). They have given us great suggestions that have helped us. They treat our daughter so well and she is thriving. Having her at Blocks has made my transition back to work as seamless as possible. I am truly grateful we found them.